For more than 30 years, the Midwest Regional Office has focused on building and strengthening a vibrant community of Museum supporters. As the liaison to this region of the country, the office:
- Raises funds on behalf of the Museum
- Coordinates traveling exhibitions and educational programs in the region
- Serves as a resource for Museum members, survivors and their families, and the general public
- Facilitates international travel with Museum groups
- Organizes mission trips to the Museum
- Works with curators to expand the museum’s collection of historical artifacts
- Partners with community organizations throughout Chicago and the midwest
Risa K. Lambert Chicago Luncheon
At the annual Risa K. Lambert Chicago Luncheon, the Museum’s local supporters gather to honor survivors and victims. Together, we renew their pledge to ensure that the critical lessons of the Holocaust—lessons about the fragility of freedom, the nature of hate, and the consequences of indifference—help shape the way forward.
In 2020, for the first time, we held this annual gathering virtually—but it was no less inspiring. It included celebrities reading victims’ last words, an insightful conversation between former white supremacist R. Derek Black and Museum Historian Edna Friedberg, and moving remarks from Mally Zoberman Rutkoff, whom we honored with the National Leadership Award.
For more about the event, view the program booklet (PDF), which includes recognition of our generous sponsors.
If you have not yet made your gift, please do so now.
To learn more about the Midwest Regional Office and Museum programming, please contact:
- Alison Abrams, Major Gifts Officer
- Sally Arnold, Development Officer
- Amy Gershowitz Lask, Development Coordinator
- Michelle Leon, Development Assistant
- Renee Rotter, Senior Major Gifts Officer
- Jed Silberg, National Philanthropy Officer
- Jewel Snead, Data Services Specialist
- Elana Stern, Development Operations Manager
- Amy Topel, Development Services Assistant
- Jill Weinberg, Director
Midwest Regional Office
PO Box 1852
Highland Park, IL 60035-7852
The Midwest Regional Office serves Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New York (upstate), North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.