The Jack, Joseph, and Morton Mandel Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies promotes, supports, and furthers the study and teaching of the Holocaust on campuses through North America and ensures the vitality of Holocaust Studies into the future.
Outreach efforts include:
- Campus panel discussions
- Campus lectures
- Faculty seminars
- Pedagogy roundtables
- Talks at the Museum
- Digital resources
Together, these activities invigorate the field of Holocaust Studies with new scholars, courses, and students.
Our Campus Outreach Efforts
Regional Campus Outreach Programs and Outreach Symposia
These programs explore emerging research on common themes and place Holocaust history in conversation with local history. These multi-year programs:
- Bring together students, scholars, and lecturers from various disciplines
- Educate campus communities about the history of the Holocaust
- Model how to responsibly research and talk about the complexities of different histories
- Facilitate informed dialogue about the lessons and relevance of those histories
Campus Outreach Lecture Program (COLP) and Campus Panels
Campus lectures and panels contextualize the history, lessons, and contemporary relevance of the Holocaust.
- Holocaust history
- Racism and discrimination
- Mass violence and genocide
- Holocaust denial
- Marginalized histories
Pedagogy Roundtables on Your Campus
Pedagogy roundtables bring together college faculty and lecturers from various disciplines and institutions to discuss the trials, successes, and strategies for teaching topics that students find challenging. Roundtables are open to faculty and students who are training to become educators.
The Mandel Center offers facilitated lectures or discussions for college or university groups after touring the Museum’s permanent or special exhibitions.
Our Partners and Audience
College campuses throughout North America, including:
- University Administration
- Campus community
- Local educators and Holocaust and human rights organizations
- Local community
Resources for the College Classroom
- Experiencing History: Holocaust Sources in Context
- ITS Primary Source Supplements
- Ethical Leadership Modules
- History Unfolded
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about our upcoming or past programs.