Days of Remembrance—the annual commemoration of the victims of the Holocaust—is observed by state and local governments, military bases, workplaces, schools, and faith communities across the country. The following resources are intended to provide support in planning remembrance activities for faith and interfaith communities.
- Sample Ceremony for Faith Communities (PDF)
- Explore readings and other commemoration resources
- Transcript of the historic 1981 Days of Remembrance Commemoration (PDF)
- Learn more about the issues related to the history of the churches and the Holocaust
- Podcasts about Holocaust history’s ongoing relevance to the faith communities: Christopher Leighton, Beverly E. Mitchell, James Carroll, Susannah Heschel, Father Patrick Desbois, Cornel West, Karen Armstrong, Eboo Patel, and Father John Pawlikowski.
- Learn more about the work of Father Patrick Desbois
Articles from the Holocaust Encyclopedia
- Antisemitism in History: From the Early Church to 1400
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- The German Churches and the Nazi State
- Le Chambon-sur-Lignon
- Martha and Waitstill Sharp
- Martin Niemöller: "First they came for the Socialists..."
- Martin Niemöller: Biography
- Corrie ten Boom
- Non-Jewish Resistance