Spring Tour Guide Training Classes
- Study the history of the Holocaust on Saturdays, both in person and virtually (final schedule will be shared upon acceptance)
- Learn to serve as a tour guide for the Museum's main exhibition
- Graduate to become a Bringing the Lessons Home (BTLH) student ambassador
- Earn up to 50 hours of community service credit
- Become eligible to participate in the Stephen Tyrone Johns Summer Youth Leadership Program
Program Schedule, Dates, and Locations
- Virtual Orientation: Saturday, February 25, 2023 | 10 a.m.–12 p.m.
- Virtual orientation Zoom links will be provided upon acceptance
- On-site class location: United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- On-site classes: Saturdays, March 4–June 3, 2023 | 9:30 a.m.– 1 p.m.
- Spring Break: April 16–22, 2023
- On-site induction ceremony and family tours: June 10, 2023 | 9 a.m.–1 p.m.
9th–12th grade students from schools in the Washington, DC area may apply.
Wednesday, February 8, 2023
Your application should include the following materials:
- A recent photograph of yourself
- A letter of recommendation or video recommendation from a teacher, school administrator, BTLH ambassador, or member of the community
- A video essay approximately two to five minutes long or written essay of two to three paragraphs (or more) that answers these questions:
- Which photograph(s), artifact(s), or video(s) from the Museum's main exhibition, The Holocaust, or any of the Museum’s online exhibitions, is/are most memorable or important to you and why?
- Why do you think it is important to learn about the Holocaust?
- What do you hope to accomplish as a Bringing the Lessons Home (BTLH) ambassador?
- Why is it important for youth to be engaged in their communities?
Online Application Submission Tips
Please prepare the required documents in following formats and naming conventions before beginning the online application:
|Application Material||Label||Accepted Formats|
|Photograph||Last Name_First Name_photo||.JPG, .JPEG, .PNG, .GIF, or .EPS|
|Letter of recommendation||Last Name_First Name_rec||.DOC, .PDF., less than 4 MB in size|
|Written essay||Last Name_First Name_essay||.DOC, .PDF., less than 4 MB in size|
|Video essay||Last Name First Name BTLH video essay||YouTube or DropBox link|
You will receive an email confirmation when you complete the online application. The application remains “Incomplete” until you reach the “Confirmation” page and receive a application confirmation email.