Selected Records from the Romanian Ministry of Defense (ID: 32404)
Authorship or Source:
- Selected Records from the Romanian Ministry of Defense
- Archive of the General Staff concerning the Holocaust in Romania [microform]
Title or Main Description:
Selected Records from the Romanian Ministry of Defense
Place Published or Holding Institution:
Romanian Ministry of National Defense - Archive of the General Staff concerning the Holocaust in Romania [microform].
-  leaves ; ills ; tabs ; 28cm
- Number of Names or Other Entries--
Type of Work:
Typescript and Manuscript [printout of microfilm]
Museum or Other Institution Holdings:
- In USHMM Survivors Registry Collection: Document File EE2812 [printout of Reels 191-253]
- USHMM Archives Collection: RG 25.003M; Acc. 1992.A.0085 [396 Reels of microfilm]
The records were created by various Romanian Army units during World War II. The USHMM Archives selected several files for filming in June 1991. The 396 reels were received by the USHMM Archives in Jul 1992.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) --Romania.
- Forced labor --Romania.
- Concentration camps --Romania.
- Executions and executioners --Romania.
- Jews --Romania.
- Atrocities --Romania.
- Confiscations --Romania.
- Jewish property --Romania.
- Deportation --Romania.
- Bukovina (Romania and Ukraine)
- Bessarabia (Moldova and Ukraine)
- Transylvania (Hungary)
- Contains memoranda, lists, charts, maps, correspondence, orders, reports, and other documents relating to Jews in forced labor in Romania; deportations of Jews from Bessarabia and Bukovina to Transnistria; establishment of concentration camps in Transnistria; confiscation of Jewish property; executions of Jews; surveillance of Jews in Transnistria; and Hungarian atrocities in Transylvania.
- Arrangement of documents is thematic.
Language and Other Notes:
- Text in Romanian.
- Finding aid located in USHMM Archives at Reference Desk.
- An English-language folder list, compiled by the USHMM Archives staff, can be found in the USHMM Archives "Romania" catalog file.
- Image quality on microfilm is poor in some areas.
- This Document File [#EE2812] is a partial printout of Reels 191-253 in this collection [RG 25.003M; Acc. 1992.A.0085]. Document Files #EE2811 and #EE2813 are taken from the same collection, but provide a partial printout for Reels 1-190 and 254-305. Thus the information in these three records is replicated.
Resource Center Cataloging Notes:
Obtained from the Romanian Ministry of National Defense, Archive of the General Staff