Contains lists of Jews who worked in various forced labor workshops/industries in Lwow (Poland -- present-day L'viv, Ukraine) and (ID: 31947)
Title or Main Description:
Contains lists of Jews who worked in various forced labor workshops/industries in Lwow (Poland -- present-day L'viv, Ukraine) and environs. One example is the saw-mill operated by the Hobag firm at Czarny Dunajec Nowy Targ, Poland. Entries vary greatly, often containing date and place of birth, [previous] occupation (prior to work assignment given by Nazis), local home address, and remarks. Also contains correspondence related to work assignments
Number of Names or Other Entries-- 20.000
Museum or Other Institution Holdings:
- Survivors Registry Collection.
- Computerized data
- In USHMM Archives [microfilm]:
- Source Institution: L'viv oblast archives
These records were microfilmed by Yad Vashem at the L'viv oblast archives and shared with USHMM Archives.
- Czarny Dunajec (Poland)
- L'viv (Ukraine)
- [Lvov (Soviet Union)].
- [Lwow (Poland)].
- Nowy Targ (Poland)
- Breslau (Germany)
- [Wroclaw (Poland)].
- Jews --Poland.
- Forced labor.
- Street addresses.
Language and Other Notes:
Text in German.
Resource Center Cataloging Notes:
- Former Q&A Name Lists Database File Number-- LP0122
- These lists were digitized in-house to create electronic data and a copy of reconciled data traded to Yad Vashem for Catalog item AC1011 'Mauthausen Prisoner Cards' in 1998.