Registration forms (Häftlingspersonalbogen) for more than 5,000 Jews who arrived in Auschwitz between May 1942 and October 1944. (ID: 30741)
Authorship or Source:
- Panstwówe Muzeum Oswiecim-Brzezinka.
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
Title or Main Description:
Registration forms (Häftlingspersonalbogen) for more than 5,000 Jews who arrived in Auschwitz between May 1942 and October 1944.
Number of Names or Other Entries-- Over 5,000 Names.
Type of Work:
Archival [microfilm] + Finding Aid [Name Index]
Alternate or Series Title:
- Häftlingspersonalbogen von Auschwitz.
- Haeftlingspersonalbogen von Auschwitz.
- Haftlingspersonalbogen from Auschwitz Concentration Camp, May 1942-October 1944.
Museum or Other Institution Holdings:
- Survivors Registry Collection [photocopy]
- USHMM Archives Collection: [microfilm] RG-04.031M
- Source Institution: Auschwitz State Museum
The acquisition of this collection from the Auschwitz State Museum Archives was made possible by a grant from Dr. Roger Packer and Ms. Helena Packer in memory of their parents, Harry Packer (Pakorski) b. January 6, 1917 in Nova Miasto, Poland, d. July 9, 1995 and Mania Packer (Kelmanowski) b. April 10, 1907 in Plonsk, Poland, d. July 26, 1986.
- Auschwitz (Concentration camp) --Registers.
- World War, 1939-1945 --Deportations from Germany.
- World War, 1939-1945 --Poland.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) --Germany.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) --Poland.
- Buchenwald (Concentration camp)
- Lublin (Poland)
- Majdanek (Concentration camp)
- Jews --Poland --Persecutions.
Häftlingspersonalbogen (prisoner registration forms) 1 through 331 for female prisoners at the women's camp at Auschwitz and Häftlingspersonalbogen 1 through 4,500 for male prisoners at the Auschwitz main camp. Each Häftlingspersonalbogen contains information about a particular Jew brought to Auschwitz from one of a number of locations in Europe, such as date of birth, place of birth, marital status, date of arrest, date of entry into the camp, nationality, occupation, religion, race, and physical appearance. Also included is information about use of prisoners for labor; prisoners transferred from Majdanek; and divisions of the Reichssicherheitshauptamt making arrests of Jews to be sent to Auschwitz. The bulk dates for the creation of the forms range from May 1943 to Oct 1944. Officials of Auschwitz concentration camp created the Häftlingspersonalbogen May 1942 to Oct 1944. Microfilm copies of the forms were created in 1992 and 1993. The archives of the State Museum of Auschwitz filmed the registration forms for the Archives of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in 1993. The collection as received consisted of 9 microfilm reels, which have since been digitized. This collection was indexed by Survivors Registry volunteers; a printout of the surname index is available at the Library and Archives Reference Desks as well as in the 2nd Floor Registry Reference Area. A subsequent searchable electronic database of these records from which copies of individual documents may be requested via email can be found online at https://www.ushmm.org/online/hsv/source_view.php?SourceId=21303 (Accessed: 19 October 2017).
Language and Other Notes:
- Text in German.
- Entries include birthdate and place, former address, parents' names, physical description, deportation date and arrival date (n.b. this collection has been indexed by Registry volunteers; a printout of the surname index is available at the Library and Archives Reference Desks as well as in the Registry)
- A searchable database based upon this collection was available until 2007 on the Internet at http://www.ushmm.org/uia-bin/uia_form/registry, but is no longer available. An archived but non-functional version of the database search page can be found through Archive.org's 'Wayback Machine' at https://web.archive.org/web/20040623021001/http://www.ushmm.org/uia-bin/uia_form/registry.
- NOTE WELL: A searchable electronic database of these records from which copies of individual documents may be requested via email can be found online at https://www.ushmm.org/online/hsv/source_view.php?SourceId=21303 (Accessed: 19 October 2017).
Location of Electronic or Internet File:
Resource Center Cataloging Notes:
Former Q&A Name Lists Database File Number-- AP0122