Lijst van ondelegen gevangenen uit Duitschland (13). (ID: 30514)
- 1 leaf
- Number of Names or Other Entries-- Approx. 60 Names
- Survivors Registry Collection [photocopy]: Document File AA0029.
- A scan of this document in PDF format is available to authorized USHMM Computer Network users at T:\DArchives\ReferenceCollection\AA0029\AA0029.pdf.
- Source Institution: Jewish Historical Museum, Amsterdam
- Institutional Call Number-- 00001645
- Holocaust survivors --Netherlands --Registers.
- Jews, Dutch --Germany --Registers.
- Jews --Netherlands --Registers.
- Prisoners and prisons, German --Registers.
- Text in Dutch.
- Formerly cataloged under the title: Alphabetical list of c. 60 prisoners released from Germany.
- "D1645"--Handwritten notation at upper right of document.
- T:\DArchives\ReferenceCollection\AA0029\AA0029.pdf (Museum Network)
- https://www.ushmm.org/media/images/vlpnamelist/AA0029/AA0029.pdf (Internet)
A substantial percentage of these registrants were born outside the Netherlands, primarily Germany, and there are significant numbers of persons born in Hamburg, Cologne, Berlin and other places, as well as smaller numbers from Austria, Poland and elsewhere.
A useful history of the Dutch Jewish community prior to, during and after the German occupation is provided in Dienke Hondius' Return: Holocaust Survivors and Dutch Anti-Semitism, (Westport, Conn.: Praeger, 2003).
This collection includes a number of lists obtained from the Jewish Historical Museum in Amsterdam. The lists include survivors documented after the war in various locations. Survivors include those identified as Dutch along with others, mostly German Jews, who may have immigrated to the Netherlands after the war.