Warsaw Ghetto Sealed
November 15, 1940
German authorities order the Warsaw ghetto in the to be sealed. It is the largest ghetto in both area and population, confining more than 350,000 Jews (about 30 percent of the city's population) in an area of about 1.3 square miles, or 2.4 percent of the city's total area.
At times, before the deportations of July 1942 began, the actual population in Warsaw ghetto approached 500,000.