FRENCH CHILDREN OF THE HOLOCAUST : A MEMORIAL (ID: 32294)
Authorship or Source:
- Klarsfeld, Serge, 1935-
- Cohen, Susan Sarah.
- Epstein, Howard M.
Title or Main Description:
FRENCH CHILDREN OF THE HOLOCAUST : A MEMORIAL / Serge Klarsfeld ; edited by Susan Cohen, Howard M. Epstein, Serge Klarsfeld ; translated by Glorianne Depondt, Howard M. Epstein.
Place Published or Holding Institution:
New York : New York University Press
xxi, 1881 p. : illus., maps., facsims., ports., tabs. ; 25 cm.
Type of Work:
Book and also Internet resource
Alternate or Series Title:
Mémorial des enfants juifs déportés de France. English
Museum or Other Institution Holdings:
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) --Registers of dead --France.
- World War, 1939-1945 --Deportations from France --Registers.
- Memorial books (Holocaust) --France.
- Jewish children --Persecutions --France --Registers.
- Jewish children --France --Photographs.
- Jewish children --France --Biography --Collections.
- [Bar Mitzvah Pairing --Sources]
- YAD VASHEM LIBRARY KEYWORDS:
- LISTS - VICTIMS, JEWISH -- FRANCE.
- DEPORTATIONS -- FRANCE.
- CHILDREN AND YOUTH, JEWISH - IN THE HOLOCAUST -- FRANCE.
- PHOTOGRAPHS - JEWS -- FRANCE.
- Klarsfeld Foundation publication of Jewish children deported from France (very many of which were not French nationals, but earlier refugees from elsewhere in Europe). The book includes alphabetical lists of children by convoy, indicating surname, forename, birthdate, birthplace, assembly center, convoy number, deportation date, and last address in France, followed by a photographic section featuring portraits and other information on many of the children. There are two indexes, a general name index to the deportation lists and an name index to the photograph section.
- This is a useful, and above all meaningful, resource for "Bar Mitzvah or Bat Mitzvah Pairing/Twinning", a now popular form of Holocaust Remembrance whereby children are linked during this ceremony marking the attainment of adulthood to a child who perished during the Holocaust. For further information on such a program sponsored by the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum's Midwest Regional Office in suburban Chicago known as "Chain of Memory", please contact Ms. Sharon Laney, Development Services Coordinator, U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, Midwest Regional Office, PO Box 1852, Highland Park, IL 60035, Tel. 847-433-8099, Fax 847-433-8290, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Language and Other Notes:
Location of Electronic or Internet File: