Records of the Displaced persons camps and centers in Germany, 1945-52. Entries include lists of Holocaust survivors for Amberg, Berchtesgaden, (ID: 31242)
Title or Main Description:
Records of the Displaced persons camps and centers in Germany, 1945-52. Entries include lists of Holocaust survivors for Amberg, Berchtesgaden, Bergen-Belsen, Berlin, Deggendorf, Feldafing, Foehrenwald, Lampertheim, Landsberg, Munich, Rochelle, Schwabach, Stuttgart and many other localities in Germany. (n.b. USHMM archives has a finding aid for this collection which was ordered on microfilm from YIVO summer 1994)
Museum or Other Institution Holdings:
Survivors Registry Collection [photocopy]: Document File DP0111.
- Source Institution: YIVO (New York, N.Y.)
- Institutional Call Number-- RG-294.2. Microfilm #283.
- Amberg (Germany)
- Berchtesgaden (Germany)
- Bergen-Belsen (Concentration camp)
- Berlin (Germany)
- Deggendorf (Germany)
- Feldafing (Germany)
- Föhrenwald (Germany)
- Lampertheim (Germany)
- Landsberg (Germany)
- Munich (Germany)
- Rochelle (Germany)
- Schwabach (Germany)
- Stuttgart (Germany)
- Displaced persons camps --Germany.
- Displaced persons --Germany.
- Holocaust survivors --Germany.
Language and Other Notes:
Text in German.
Resource Center Cataloging Notes:
- Former Q&A Name Lists Database File Number-- DP0111
- Poor quality copies of the microfilm arrived and are being used by the Survivors Registry. Proper copies from YIVO are still on order. Registry copies mislabeled. The box marked 38 has number 37a printed on the microfilm, the box marked 39 has number 38 printed on the microfilm, and so forth/ This misnumeration appears to continue through the rest of the collection. [March 1997]