GEDENKBUCH : OPFER DER VERFOLGUNG DER JUDEN UNTER DEM NATIONALSOZIALISTISCHEN GEWALTHERRSCHAFT IN DEUTSCHLAND, 1933-1945 / [bearbeitet (ID: 30920)
Authorship or Source:
- Germany (West). Bundesarchiv.
- International Tracing Service.
Title or Main Description:
GEDENKBUCH : OPFER DER VERFOLGUNG DER JUDEN UNTER DEM NATIONALSOZIALISTISCHEN GEWALTHERRSCHAFT IN DEUTSCHLAND, 1933-1945 / [bearbeitet vom Bundesarchiv, Koblenz und dem Internationalen Suchdienst, Arolsen].
Place Published or Holding Institution:
Koblenz [Germany] : Bundesarchiv ; [printed in Frankfurt/Main by J. Weisbecker].
- 2 v. (xvi, 1823 p.) ; 36 cm.
- Number of Names or Other Entries-- Approx. 128,000 Names.
Type of Work:
Alternate or Series Title:
Opfer der Verfolgung der Juden unter der nationalsozialistischen Gewaltherrschaft in Deutschland, 1933-1945.
ISBN or ISSN:
Museum or Other Institution Holdings:
- Survivors Registry Collection: Located in 2nd Floor Public Reference Area.
- USHMM Library: Name Lists-Germany D 810 J4 G32 1986 v. 1-2.
- Yad Vashem Library (Jerusalem, Israel). Call Number: 86-0713F.
- Library of Congress (Washington, D.C.). Call Number: D804.3 .G43 1986.
Compiled from a variety of sources, which are listed in the bibliography (v. 2) and from records of the Bundesarchiv Koblenz [=German Federal Archives in Koblenz].
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) --Registers of dead --Germany (West).
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) --Registers of dead --Germany --Berlin.
- World War, 1939-1945 --Deportations from Germany --Registers.
- Jews --Germany (West) --Registers.
- Jews --Germany --Berlin --Registers.
- Jews --Persecutions --Germany.
- Missing persons --Germany --Registers, lists, etc.
- Memorial books (Holocaust) --Germany (West).
- Germany (West) --Registers.
- Berlin (Germany) --Registers.
- YAD VASHEM LIBRARY KEYWORDS:
- LISTS - VICTIMS, JEWISH -- GERMANY.
- Alphabetical listing of 128,000 German Jewish victims from the areas of Germany which later constituted "West Germany" and Berlin (including both the areas formerly comprising West Berlin and East Berlin).
- Entries are arranged alphabetically by surname, and include birthdate, place from which the individual was deported [unless marked with a "(1)", in which case it is the birthplace, or with a "(2)", in which case it was impossible to determine whether birthplace or last residence is indicated], presumed fate (e.g. "verschollen" = missing, "fur tot erklärt" =declared dead) or date known to have died, and place of internment. (n.b. This is not a complete listing of all German Jewish victims as it does not include non-German citizens deported from German territory and also does not include individuals for whom there was no conclusive evidence of death.) A second edition of the Gedenkbuch is currently being prepared by the Bundesarchiv under the direction of Frau Brachmann-Teubner (Tizianstr. 13, D-14467, Potsdam, Germany, phone 011 49 331 314 302). The new edition will include Jewish Holocaust victims from Germany within its 1937 borders. (n.b. For a detailed discussion of both the existing Gedenkbuch and also for the second edition, see the accession folder for this source.) [See also source AA0366.]
Language and Other Notes:
- Text in German.
- Includes bibliographical references and geographic index ("Ortsindex": v. 2, p. 1802-1822).
- NOTE WELL: This 2 volume Gedenkbuch published 1986 has been superseded by the considerably expanded 2nd edition by the same title published in 4 volumes in 2006, Gedenkbuch: Opfer der Verfolgung der Juden unter der nationalsozialistischen Gewaltherrschaft in Deutschland, 1933-1945. (Koblenz: Bundesarchiv, 2006), [ISBN 3-89192-137-3], which since December 2007 is also seaarchable online at http://www.bundesarchiv.de/gedenkbuch/directory.html.
Resource Center Cataloging Notes:
- Computer files used for the compilation of this work are also in the Survivors Registry Collection (see separate Catalog entry for "GEDENKBUCH. [Electronic resource]".
- Former Q&A Name Lists Database File Number-- GB0111