Lijst van in Apeldoorn en omgeving aanwezige Joden, [With:] Supplementlijst Apeldoorn. (ID: 30238)
- 9 leaves
- Number of Names or Other Entries-- Approx. 130 Names
- Survivors Registry Collection [photocopy]: Document File AA0027.
- A scan of this document in PDF format is available to authorized USHMM Computer Network users at T:\DArchives\ReferenceCollection\AA0027\AA0027.pdf.
- Source Institution: Jewish Historical Museum, Amsterdam
- Institutional Call Number-- 00001642
- Holocaust survivors --Netherlands --Apeldoorn --Registers.
- Jews --Netherlands --Apeldoorn --Directories.
- Apeldoorn (Netherlands) --Registers.
- [Additional Geographic Keywords: Beekbergen, Nijmegen, Otterloo, Varseveld, Velp]
- Text in Dutch.
- "g = married, o = single"--Handwritten notation at head of p. .
- Formerly cataloged under the title: Alphabetical list of c. 130 Jews in Apeldoorn and vicinity, the Netherlands.
- T:\DArchives\ReferenceCollection\AA0027\AA0027.pdf (Museum Network)
- https://www.ushmm.org/media/images/vlpnamelist/AA0027/AA0027.pdf (Internet)
A substantial percentage of these registrants were born outside the Netherlands, primarily Germany, and there are significant numbers of persons born in Hamburg, Cologne, Berlin and other places, as well as smaller numbers from Austria, Poland and elsewhere.
A useful history of the Dutch Jewish community prior to, during and after the German occupation is provided in Dienke Hondius' Return: Holocaust Survivors and Dutch Anti-Semitism, (Westport, Conn.: Praeger, 2003).
This collection includes a number of lists obtained from the Jewish Historical Museum in Amsterdam. The lists include survivors documented after the war in various locations. Survivors include those identified as Dutch along with others, mostly German Jews, who may have immigrated to the Netherlands after the war.