Polish-Jewish refugees seeking to leave Europe arrive in Lisbon. Following the German invasion of France, Jewish and non-Jewish refugee assistance organizations relocated their headquarters to Lisbon, the only neutral European port from which refugees could depart to North and South America. Lisbon, Portugal, June 21-22, 1940.
USHMM, courtesy of Ike Bitton
Copyright © United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, Washington, DC