By submitting your photograph(s) to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum (USHMM) Web site,
The USHMM retains the right to reject photograph(s) and to remove photograph(s) from its Web site at any time. The USHMM will not provide links from its Web site to external Web sites.
- You warrant and represent that you are the sole and exclusive owner of the photograph(s) and all rights in and to the photograph(s), including the rights constituting the copyright, and that no third party has any right or claim to the photograph(s) that is adverse to or inconsistent with the USHMM’s use of the same.
- You warrant and represent that you know of no claim or allegation that the photograph(s) infringe or violate any rights in any other work or person, including, but not limited to, rights of privacy, publicity, and copyright.
- You agree to indemnify and hold the USHMM harmless from any and all allegations, claims, or causes of action, including actual costs, expenses, damages, fees, and such other damages as may be incurred, arising from or relating to your breach of the foregoing warranties and representations.
- You grant to the USHMM the right in perpetuity to display your photograph(s) on its Web site, to store your photograph(s) on its Web servers, and to otherwise use and retain your photograph(s) in media now known or hereafter invented for the purposes of display on the USHMM Web site.
- You grant permission to the USHMM to use your name (and image, as may be necessary) for the purpose of identifying you and your photograph(s), subject only to such limitations and restrictions as you may submit with the photograph(s) in writing.
- You acknowledge and understand that the USHMM is not obliged to display your photograph(s) and that the USHMM retains sole discretion to determine the placement and arrangement of your photograph(s) on its Web site. You consent and waive any and all moral rights you may have under the law for the purposes of the uses of your photograph(s) that you authorize herein.
- You acknowledge and understand that the USHMM exercises its best efforts to prevent unauthorized uses of photograph(s) that are displayed on its Web site, and you agree that the USHMM will not be responsible for any unauthorized uses of your photograph(s) by third parties that may result from the display that you authorize herein.
Please note that these guidelines apply to electronic images submitted for Web display only. For information on donating photographs to the Museum's collection, refer to Donations.