but Free Americans Can Still Read Them
Fighting the fires of hate: America and the Nazi Book Burnings
Post a RESPONSE
* NAME:
* E-MAIL ADDRESS:
LOCATION:
* RESPONSE:

By contributing your comments you agree that the UNITED STATES HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL MUSEUM may make use of them for educational, research and museum purposes, including publication. A selection of comments may be posted on our web site at the discretion of the curatorial staff after review. Please see our privacy policy.
Discussion

found 40 stories · showing stories 11 – 20

Censorship during wartime
Can ideas threaten a nation? Is censorship ever justified?
(40 postings)

Devyn M i think ideas can't threaten a nation because there are so many ideas in this world and they are just thoughts. Censorship can be justified sometimes because some things that are justified don't need to be heard.
i think ideas can't threaten a nation because there are so many ideas in this world and they are just thoughts. Censorship can be justified sometimes because some things that are justified don't need to be heard., September 23, 2010 01:04 PM

Laura Burch I think that ideas can threaten a nation because when Hitler had the idea to make everyone the same it ended as a massacre of hundreds of innocent people. It took Germany a very long time to recover from the war that Hitler's idea started. I think censorship can be justified some of the time because it can help keep people's rights.
September 23, 2010 01:02 PM

Michael Vue Can ideas threaten a nation? Well I believe that only a few ideas can threaten a nation. Yes censorship is sometimes justified, because of all the grotesque things people or peoples can do to humiliate another person or country.
September 23, 2010 01:02 PM

Hunter Haas I think for the most part ideas can not threaten a nation, unless the majority of the people have the same idea. I belive that censorship never could be justified if it even did still exist.
September 23, 2010 01:00 PM

Alyssa Anderson I think ideas can threaten a nation, because if you get enough people to believe in a radical idea, things could get BAD.
September 23, 2010 12:49 PM

Madeline Carlson I think that ideas can threaten a nation because if certain people get a certain idea about a sensitive topic, then it could be fatal.
I think that ideas can threaten a nation because if certain people get a certain idea about a sensitive topic, then it could be fatal., September 23, 2010 12:39 PM

Joe Hamm i think that ideas CAN threaten a nation. if certain people get certain ideas about a very sensitive subject, i think that they may be a threat to the nation. and i think censorship never really gets justified if it still exists
i think that ideas CAN threaten a nation. if certain people get certain ideas about a very sensitive subject, i think that they may be a threat to the nation. and i think censorship never really gets justified if it still exists, September 22, 2010 03:03 PM

RahPathexharp Howdy! Im Rogers and i've been reading this board for a quite long time and decided to register. Hope to have some nice topics with you, regards! [img]http://flashlightgirls.com/novo.gif[/img][img]http://flashlightgirls.com/novo2.gif[/img]
November 14, 2009 02:16 AM

Kara Ideas can threaten a nation. People can think and have radical ideas, which can threaten the government.
October 22, 2009 08:05 AM

Destiney I think that the holocaust is verry interesting. Its very sad and I feel so bad for the people we have lost and the people who have lost family members and friends in the burning and in the death and concentration camps.
I think that the holocaust is verry interesting. Its very sad and I feel so bad for the people we have lost and the people who have lost family members and friends in the burning and in the death and concentration camps., March 25, 2009 02:23 PM

Result Pages: < PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT >  [11 to 20 of 40]