Ziegenhain was a DP camp in the Frankfurt district of the American-occupied zone. During the war, the camp had been a prisoner of war camp, and it later housed a TB hospital. Like many other camps, Ziegenheim had a Talmud Torah (religious elementary school), a synagogue, a mikve (Jewish ritual bath), and a kosher kitchen. The Jewish population of Ziegenhain averaged 2,020 individuals per year for 1946 and 1947. The camp closed in November 1947.