Leipheim was a DP camp in the Munich district, in the American-occupied zone. The camp opened in December 1945 on the site of a former airfield. It kept a Talmud Torah (religious elementary school), a mikve (Jewish ritual bath) and a yeshiva (religious academy). Camp residents circulated the newspaper A Heim (A Home), and even a swimming pool was built. The Jewish population in the camp in May 1946 reached 3,150, but it had decreased to 1,850 by October 1948. By June 1950, Leipheim had closed.